Monday, January 22, 2007

Don't care liao.

From now on I must learn how to cook at least one thing everyday, I'm not gona spend my 2 and a half weeks rotting at home. It's approximately 18 days till I leave this *cough*beloved land, so if I manage to do as said I'll have 18 more alternatives when I wanna cook for myself next time. Hip Hip Hoorrraaay liddat no chance to starve to death liao.

Yeah la yeah la I know it's easier said than done. That's why after 2 weeks if you still remember this, come ask me what have I accomplished ok?? Then I will rajin rajin learn cooking, just to prepare myself to answer you wtf.

Just to get myself started, here's a list of things I wanna learn how to cook/bake:
  1. Spaghetti - the simple one of course, I can't possibly make something like Chicken Parmesan With Linguini and Burgundy-Splashed Asparagus (ahh what is that? = =")
  2. Spring rolls - cuz it's not hard to prepare and cuz I like to eat haha. :P
  3. Banana cake - same reason.
  4. Choc chip cookies - Yum yum.
  5. Some soup. Any soup.
  6. Fried/Soup/Curry noodles.
Sob so far I only know how to prepare:
  1. Sandwiches - erm, who doesn't?
  2. Sushi - this one is easy, but I haven't tried cooking the rice before ><
  3. Mini blueberry cheese tarts - I did this for the first time last week, without the blueberry filling. AND IT WORKED yaaay!! Luckily it was a success because the ingredients wasn't cheap you know.
  4. Tiramisu - I dunno whether or not to call this a success or not because the cheese didn't harden, maybe I didn't put it in the refrigerator long enough. It taste fine though :D I'll try making it again this week.
  5. Omelet - again, who doesn't?
  6. Jacket Potato - Mmmmm~
  7. French toast
That's all :(

Well, I can always eat out whenever I'm lazy to cook, but food ain't cheap there you know, especially when one roti canai cost around AUD $7! I refuseeee fall victim to whoever that's so smart to open a mamak over there hmmph, not even when I'm dying to eat it. *force self to stop thinking about roti canai*

Besides, if I spend all my weekly allowance (which is ngam ngam enough for food only D': *cries*), I won't have extra to spend on clothes. So no choice, must be kiam siap on food. This is call planning for the future ok!

I just noticed this post is abit pointless, but wth I type already so just post only la. = ="


P/s: Don't you think Italian cuisines are totally irresistible?

1 comment:

electronicfly said...

hahahhaha..you forgot to put "boil water" and "hard boiled egg" on your list of can-cook foods..lol.

for soups right, very easy one. the best is ABC. Apa oso can chuck in one. Get some tomatoes, potatoes,(no human toes pls) big onions,and chicken. Also kong yi chai (err,anchovies) to boil n get the soup base.

Step one: Wash and cut everything.

Step two: Boil the anchovies and remove OR boil one or two cubes of Maggi Pati ...err, donno pati what but when you see the packing then u know edi one la.

Step three: Put everything into the pot and boil until masak edi.

Step four: Drink.

Step five: Ask bf to kiss burnt lips so not pain anymore. (only applicable if he's around)


XD


good luck in aussie dahling!