Firstly, some updates :
- If you don't already know, I'll be going back home on the 24th. Hip hip hooooray!!! I miss home I admit that okay? XD Will be reaching on that day itself but at night.
- The boyfriend will be coming here for a 4 days and he'll be here in 4 days time! Why so many 4s :S Actually, I'm abit nervous because I haven't seen him for 4 months!! (Eh y 4 again -.-") Ok I lied, I'm actually very nervous because not only I hadn't seen him in 4 months but throughout this 4 months we haven't been really talking alot too... We don't skype, seldom chat online, seldom talk on the phone... so basically all we does is SMS each other, and that's not everyday too. We're good though :D just that it might take a lil getting used to from being all alone for a long time to being together with someone again I guess, as a friend once told me.
- I'm gona tell you what subject I'm talking next semester, just for the fun of it :P
Last sem I had:
Theory of Art and Design History - yes the one that drove me nuts
Design Studio - I actually liked this one, but I had a bitchy lecturer :S
Drawing - Er, 5 hours of standing every Friday morning drawing nude people and a set of boxes and stuff around... All of us got brainsuckedwashed into seing NEGATIVE SHAPES and PATHWAYS. Hehe and I always come back dirty with charcoal covered hands and clothes :P
Digital Processes - I like this one! alot! I like the lecturers the class the stuff we do everything :) But I still feel like a noobie in Illustration n Photoshop wuwuwu.
Art and Design Health and Safety - yes, such subs do exist. It's a self-complete subject though. We're asked to read the notes online then finish the test online... at home. Meaning... when I do the MCQ's I had my notes on the window right beside! And we can have as many tries with unlimited time lol.As if anyone's gona really read through all that
To sum it all up, sem one was hectic alright. I didn't cope with the stress very well at first, whenever the pressure hits me, I turn to food. And then I would munch and munch and munch until I feel better. But usually I felt worst after that and I would munch even more. Yikes vicious cycle :( no wonder the weight-gain.
EH why off track liao? I'm suppose to talk about sem 2.
Here are my subs:
Graphic Design Studio
Photomedia
Typography
Introduction to Contemporary Illustration (chose this as an elective)
4 only BUT each one is at least 3 hours straight. *sobs*
ok enough of that hehe. Picture time!

This was taken few months ago. My new quilt cover then. Still new la hehe I sayang my stuff one ok.

Sayang until must take pic with it wtf.

Pooch! Erm, first soft toy in my current room. I miss my huggables at home boohoo. Adrian won this mini siberian husky in those spin-the-bottle games during Moomba Fest. Mini because there's the BIG version of it too but he gave it to one of his erm... love one(s). LOL geddit?

I got this from Aik Sern during Easter. It's a chocolate egg, damn cute the lil ducky deco on top haha but it's in my tummy now.

Random: Pokemon cup mee I ate lol. Eh don't laugh I know I'm damn kiddy. But don't you think eating something like that is much more fun than eating plain old cup mee? :P



It's an eraser, with scent! I bought it for my sister

also an eraser, this one's cute k? Even Jac Kee my obasan likes it! It really looks like an ice-cream and guess what, it smells exactly like chocolate :D

Yum yum chomp chomp.
Now some uni-related pics.
My first project for Design Studio. There's 4 altogether.
Brief: We were required to created a triptych (3 frames joint together) which reflects a person's personality.We had to each bring 2 personal hand-held objects to class and a word which has to do with ourselves written on a piece of paper.

All of us thought we would be doing it based on our own personality. Boy were we wrong when the lecturer asked us to swap objects and make sketches of it.

That's when we realized the triptych will be about the 2 objects we received (we don't get to choose) and how we link it up with the word that comes with it.

I didn't really prepare anything so I just held out whatever I had in my bag that time, which was my sunglasses and a bracelet Denny gave me in the airport. My word was random. Yeap, "RANDOM".

I was asked to exchange it with another guy in the class, I assume he, too, like me took out whatever he had in his bag -- his mobile phone, and a headphone. The word that came along -- "Communication".



The 3 frames I created. The word and both objects must each be shown in the frames, whichever way you like it.
vWell, I didn't do that well for this project, probably because I was unsure of what we were supposed to come up with. I had a hard time familiarizing myself with the whole designing thinggie...

No doubt, it's nothing like I used to study last time, and it's a conversion from reading from the text book to brainstorming raw and original ideas from the brain and then making it possible.
2nd project: 3 letter word. I was on this project in the last picture post. Final work:
(Lazy to explain liao XD I did 2 presentations on this particular project)










In short, 3 letter word I picked : TOY, the construction should reflect it's meaning. You can break it down to pieces and construct it again like a toy model. Theme: Save our earth (WAH sounds like Heroes -- save the cheerleader save the world lol). Don't know why I picked that, maybe it's the WWF poster I saw in tado.co.uk that inspired me hehe. Made out of wood. Duno cut my finger how many times when I was chopping it hmmph.

This is the first mock-up which the lec didn't like but I do!
3rd project: I left my final work in the locker so no pictures. It's a mailbox. Yup, I made a mail box. A functional one too if I may add.
4th project: An extraordinary journey. That's the name of it, no kidding. The actual "journey" of this last project wasn't at all fun though, especially when it had to be "extraordinary".

Handed it in the day before, this is the only picture I've got.
Apparently no one in the class likes this last project, we're asked to submit 4 drawings of places in uni. The tricky part is, it has to be indoors, with NO furniture, and drawn based on how we FEEL inside that particular space.
Then, draw a map which link these places and make a construction out of it.
You must be wondering... I'm not studying industrial design nor am I going interior design, why so many model-making projects right?! Hmmm... good question... :/
***
Btw, see that nuff nang thinggy on the side bar? I just noticed there's an ad, go click on it now! I don't know exactly what is it but it seems Nike is teaming up with some producers to create a movie of some sort, which there's also a comic (is that where the original storyline came from?).
Actually I just xia cai (blind guessing) cuz I really have no idea what the whole thing is about, someone care to update me?
I think the website is kinda cool though, especially the sound effects n the graphics. It's very Malaysian yet this is the first time I've seen such pro-looking msian movie webbie, heck most msian movies don't even have an official website, let alone a nice looking one like this :) I especially like the graphics of film page, it really reflects our mamak culture (I wan roti canai oso!). Heheheh...
Eh but why after first goal must take off shirt? And I kept associating the word "togel" with "bogel" HAHAHHAHA. Take off shirt dee mah bogel lor -.-"
Eh why I feel so sleepy, it's only 10 plus = ="
P/s: I had a hippo breakfast this morning. 1 cup of tea, 1 cup of milk + 1 bowl of cereal, 2 slices of bread with peanut butter spread, an apple. :S Ahh... My appetite is getting scarier by day! Blame the weather hmmph.













1 comment:
Whoa.. Ur stuff looks AMAZING.
Personally, I think we [First year Comm. Design in Swinburne] creates stuff that are hideous. It is hideous because of the fact that we have to start from the very basics. Plus, I don't draw well. Most of us don't draw really well. At least it doesn't matter, our course requires thinking skills more than drawing. I wonder whether that's a good thing...
Hmm... I had a subject called Design Studio... was fun but weird. Did Typography... did the basics last year as well. Trust me, it is fun, despite some techinal stuff. It made me look at things.. prints and media differently.
KL is very hot and it also rains a lot... floods a lot too. However, being back home is great!
Tata
Erin
Post a Comment