Monday, September 24, 2007


To be honest, I didn't quite like the movie at the beginning. Well, the trailer appeared to me as just-another-fantasy-based-on-a-novel and the special effects wasn't very much distinctive either. I even mistaken it for The Seeker, another fantasy movie that's soon to be in the cinemas over here (Mind you movies here shows with the pace of a snail, I still can't get over the fact that Casino Royale and Curse Of The Golden Flower was out 6 months later than Msia omgbbq imagine waiting 6 months for a movie can you even be more outdated?)



Anyhow, I ended up liking the movie, yes. The introduction of the movie was sort of a rocky road, with bits and pieces of the story scattered around, and it took me quite awhile to sink in to the whole environment (to me, every fantasy movie has a so-called environment that makes it out of the norm, which is also why it is categorized as 'fantasy' at the first place.). Also, there's too many characters with their little stories going on.


Then soon, as the viewers are getting familiar with the story, as it reaches the climax when everything started to fall into pieces and little stories started to relate............................... I had to hold my pee. It means I didn't wanna miss a part of it la hehe.


All in all its slightly above average for me. I didn't read the novel and went in not knowing the sypnosis of the movie so maybe I didn't expect much, and also tai lou told us that he heard negative comments bout the movie. Oh well, I can only said it's pretty much subjective as all of us concluded the movie with "not bad wert." :)

Ah, the cast you ask? Well there might be a couple of familiar faces and some not-so-familiar ones. Yvaine aka the fallen star, also the main female character was played by non other than Claire Danes whereas the male lead was Charlie Cox, an English. He played Tristin, who appeared to be quite geeky looking at first but at towards the climax developed into a charming looking young man. I'm not gona drool all over the place, just wanna say that he's simply... charming :)-- (<--- wahaha that's me drooling can you see it oh why am I so lame)
Michelle Pfeiffer played the wicked evil witch. She was also in the recently released Hair Spray, and also as the antagonist. Other familiar faces would be Sienna Miller who played Victoria and Robert De Niro who played captain-sissy-Shakespeare, gosh he made me laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes no kidding.

If you just skipped all that I shall save your time by concluding that you should:-
1. Check the movie out if you're into fantasy movies or fairy tales
2. Leave it if you think fantasy movies are a waste of time and prefer more action (go for The Bourne Ultimatum instead, that is DA BOMB trust me).

The movie's definitely better than Eragon and Bridge to Therabithia-how-do-you-spell-that-again that's for sure.





"....... and they still lived happily ever after." Nice line for an ending no?








Oh dear did I just wrote a long-winded movie review??? o.O


***


On another note, I've successfully baked bread & butter pudding! *happy*




and this is what I had for tea time: Brunetti's winter pudding with vanilla ice-cream *salivates*



Looks like there's quite alot of room for improvements but oh well, I'm still satisfied anyway.



Sigh, gained another kg AGAIN. *cries* I'm getting fat.

No comments: