Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Hey people, I've got something to say :)

I just read someone's blog and something he said made me think about humans' cynical nature, not that I don't already know, but I guess sometimes you've gotta realize the fact that it's really a fact to actually acknowledge it's implication on yourself, get what I mean?

"We tend to compare our weaknesses with others' strength."

And I think it's very true. I know I know, someone might have mentioned sth like this somewhere ages ago but I didn't bother to give a thought on this subject until a minute ago lol, must be all the "thinking" and "linking" and "analyzing" from doing research that's made my mind go "think about everything you see and look at it's significance on it's surroundings", it's giving me a headache seriously.

Now back to my point. Sometimes I realize the way our brain generates information is not doing any good on us. Instead of thinking "It's not fair that she has a nice bod and I have fat arms" or "why is she so perfect, why am I not born that way", why can't we train our brains to think in a way that defend our self-worth by starting with "I may have fleshy arms but hey, my bod's not bad too"???

I know, it's hard. And because we don't usually acknowledge our strengths the way we're aware of our weaknesses and how it might show how imperfect we actually are. I have to admit, that's something I always do as well, I read people's blogs and look at all the pretty, cheerful, fun loving moments captured on screen, then after that I start to compare my own life with theirs and start complaining, wondering why my life isn't as happening or as fun as theirs. But fact it, even if it's a fact, the way I put my life in comparison just makes it much worst and unsatisfying for me.

Also, I admire those people who live a hectic life but still have as much fun and never fail to stay cheerful. If there's one thing I wanna change about myself it would be shifting my reliance on others to gain happiness. I find it very hard to be happy sometimes, and most of the time my emotions are influenced by other people's reaction and treatment towards me. I feel depress when I think I've been neglected and I start thinking passively when something bad or undesirable which is beyond my control happens. I wonder how many of you are like me? Or maybe I'm the only glum soul around who needs to learn how to be happy for myself???

If there's a lesson everyone should learn in life, to me, it's learning to give love to yourself the way you give others. I think there's nothing wrong with loving yourself as long as your NOT the only one you love (because that would make you somewhat self-obsessed *cough*). It's the first path to be happy, not for others but for yourself, and why shouldn't one live happily without relying on others???

Woah I wanted to type 1 or 2 paragraphs only but seeeee, my saliva more than tea! *muahahahah cacat translation*... Blame the fingerssss lalala...

Okays I really have to stop myself. Someone has to help me switch on my nerd mode because I kept getting distracted when doing my essay and it's really nerve-wrecking~! -.-" And it doesn't help that I kept falling asleep, twice in the library and a gazillion times on my study desk T T

Pss, if anyone misses me do drop a comment or something ya :] good things in life should be shared ok haw haw haw. Besides, it's always nice to know despite being 319088332 miles away from home, someone still care. I promise I'll call when I get back!!!!! Hehehhhh... can't wait can't wait~!

P/s: I know some things are easier said than done. But I'll try. I will.

2 comments:

Lee.Suk Hui said...

i miss you like crazy
even more than words can say
i miss you like crazy.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

countdown.
5 more weeks to go wuwuwuwuwu T.T

Lin said...

hey shuang, not that i dont comment mean i still dont read ur blog la. i constantly try to, its just that sometimes the bloody thing wont load lah! and yes, you're not a lone ranger there. i get really depressed and self absorbed at times. it's bloody annoying but yeah can't help it lah. and the thing is, i think we're just too whachamacallthat enclosed up into thinking that other people are better off than us, and that other people are so much more lucky. and it sucks when u not only rely on poeple to be happy, but rely on only CERTAIN people. but yeah, we shall learn how to love ourselves eh?

cheers mate

xxxLin