Monday, July 09, 2007

I don't usually do this . . .




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Deep Fried Gindara Teriyaki
2 pieces of tender cod fish deep fried into perfection and served with Teriyaki sauce.

Mmmm mmmm, I'm a fan of Teriyaki sauce and fish! :D Though it's preferable that the fish is not fried so that the freshness can be tasted, but I think the crispy sensation got me hooked.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Godzilla Roll
Shrimp tempura/tuna/kani/avocado/mango in our chef's sauce

I ordered this one :D and yes that's really what they named this plate of sushi. It's a good combination of different ingredients and soy sauce is not necessary as the the flavoring is enough, though the freshness of the shrimp could be improved. Oh well, still yummy!!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Firecracker roll
Deep fried roll stuffed with Salmon marinated in special firecracker sauce.

This simple dish won 2 of us over :) It's the first time I tried fried sushi, the crispy sensation plus salmon with their special sauce blend in very well I must say, even Den said "very nice!" after taking the first bite heheheee.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Fusion Dragon Roll
Marinated salmon/ shrimp tempura/ beef in a sweet and spicy sauce.

Nicest looking dish among everything we ordered. I don't taste beef, which is good cuz I'm not a big fan of beef hehehe and it's not spicy but nonetheless, tasted GOOD!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Wild Cherry Roll
Unagi, tuna mayo and cherry roll in Teriyaki sauce.

Hmm personally I don't favor cherry cuz to me it has some sort of medicine taste, however the pieces topped with Unagi are worth giving the thumbs-up. As for the tuna mayo? What more can I say besides tuna mayo sushi is something I MUST include in all of my sushi meal? Hehehehe... and who knows Unagi and Tuna can be friends? lol.



HAHA pardon the not-so-professional food review. All I know how to say about good food is Yum yum nyam nyam then chomp chomp and it's gone :D


Anyway

If you haven't already guessed it, those are the few dishes we ordered at Sushi Groove One Utama.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

If I'm not mistaken this Jap Restaurant is quite new cuz it wasn't there when I left 4 months ago. After venturing through the whole of One Utama looking for food, Den and I decided to try-out this place as it claims to have won some food award.

And yeap, there wasn't the slightest hint of regret :)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Looks more like a bar eh?


To sum it all up, I wouldn't say it's the best place to go to if you're opting for authentic Jap food, but it's definitely somewhere worth visiting if you'd like to try-out new and creative jap dishes. I like how they include fruits and unique flavoring/sauces in their sushi!



Den: Don't tell me the owner is an Indon...
Me: Hahah just like Magical Theater Restaurant you mean? (YES the owner of MTR is Indonesian.)

I went to check out their webbie cuz I forgot some of the names of the sushi plates.

. . . and INDEED, most of its outlets ARE located in JAKARTA so it's no surprise that it originated from there.


LOL.

P/s: Their menu is super cute and funky! Lion King Roll... Baby Dragon Roll... I *heart* Unagi Roll... Tsunami Roll!!... hehehhee



***

Now a lil self-absorb moment :P


What's the first thing you do...


After getting a new camera???





















Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
camwhore!


Hehehehehheehehe...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Someone claims to be very professional in taking pictures wor *ehem*
See my face so big T____T




Ok bye.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so hungry after viewing all the foods...ur bad! =P

OMG is that Ixus 800 that u're holding? 10 megapixel?

Char said...

Nop nop it's Ixus850, it's 7.1 mp but good enough for me :) The Ixus 950 is 8mp... i think that's the highest for this series. Linux has 12mp now!!

hahaha go try out the food there, it's good, really! :D:D

Anonymous said...

so sweet la...u and denny LOL

Mic. Tham said...

nono!!! I've got one targeted for 10mp but duno Ixus what...same series! Linux also got, I tot casio got its latest for 12mp...but dun nid tat high though. hehe..okok, your pictures made me hungry again NOW!

Btw visit the masak-masak.blogspot.com! Nice blog on food!