Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Maybe I should try wearing this to uni one day ;p

Ok imma post this before I regret.




Don't be shocked okay? I know I look like some French maid here but fact is it's a Lolita costume, anyone who watches too much anime or worship the Japanese cultural would know that.

Hmm so the question is, what the hell was I doing wearing something like that?



Erm, well... ... ...

It's 6am in the morning and I've got nothing better to do but to blog and since I ran outta "interesting" ideas I had no choice but to look through my iphoto (Mac application for photo album if you don't already know) and heck this is the most *cough*interesting photo I took lately.

Ok, that didn't answer the question.



Actually I secretly think I can play Lolita better than Cheesie.

Sorry kidding, that wasn't it. I'm still not up to standards to play Lolita because I know nothing about it! Oh and Cheesie looks better in Lolita costumes I was just kidding I'm not that thick-face yet.

ERMERMERM actually for no reason lah! I'm just bored and dared myself to post it up cuz when I took that pic I tld myself that pic is going STRAIGHT to the private album and never seeing daylights again.

That costume wasn't mine either, I borrowed it from a friend because I thought it would pass as a poor substitute for Alice in Wonderland's blue dress plus pink apron. What was I thinking? The day Alice wears something like that would be the day she took out a whip and go yee-haa!!

Looks like the thought of using Alice in Wonderland as my theme for the thematic project is going down the bin. *sulks* Photomedia class is later and I STILL have NOTHING to submit, I think I have no choice but to skip and work on in during next week's break. I'm not lazy ok?? I just have too much to do at the moment. I mean, it's not easy to plan a photo shoot right? Not when you need a model, appropriate costume, setting, and a conceptual approach altogether when at the same time you have to work on 3 other projects which are all due in the same week.

And besides, I'm still incapable of handling my DSLR, usually I just take numerous shots of photographs with different exposure, shutter speed, and aperture then select the best ones from there. Photography is just one thing I'm not good at, no arguments there.




*edit*

This is to answer Shawn's question. Too long to fit in the chat log, too short as a post.

Basically it's sth like a portfolio. The thematic project which I'm supposed to be working on is the final, and most important assignment. We need to submit photos every week, and the photos must revolvae a certain theme/concept. Then the photos would be commented by the tutor and students in class (in terms of approach, framing, composition etc etc of the photos) and the best ones would be selected. We need to hand in a total of 10 photos at the end of the semester. It's 50% out of the total, that's why it's a killer. Oh yeah, we are not allowed to alter the photographs at all!

Well previously we had the genre projects which is divided into human condition, world of objects and sense of place. It wasn't as hard because everything is categorized and we only have to hand in 5 photos for each category.

HAHA I'm pretty sure it won't be a problem for you Shawn, cuz you're good at it =) I can't even figure out how to use the manual settings of my camera so that the images will turn out as I want it to. I can't decide how fast should the shutter speed be when capturing movement, or how high should the aperture be so that everything would be in focus, and I always end up with blurry photos =( usually I just play around with different settings and see which one turns out better but I guess doing that is a complete no-no right?

Ah so now, no more Alice in Wonderland, as much as I want to do it I don't have enough resources to work with. I'll need to think of a new theme, and fast, or not I'll be even far behind than I already am. *sigh*



Nah, ze best among all what can you expect I put timer la ok I don't wanna walk around wearing that. And I cannot strike a lolita pose I feel weird doing it. The costume so hiao already if I really go all lolita-ish it will make me look more hiao than I already am wuahahaaa.

3 comments:

erinwho? said...

Lol, you should be the subject of my portrait task.

Char said...

haha im not photogenic.
what're u gona take for the portrait task? sounds fun, but i think it will require quite alot of setting up right, depending on what ur doing...

James Lam said...

you certainly freaked me out.
heh